Aaron Jones is a third-year forward playing in Finland, the third country he's played in after stops in Germany and Bulgaria. He's currently having the best season of his professional career, averaging 16.7 points and 11.5 rebounds per game. We talked to Jones about how he's adjusted to playing in Finland this season.
1. What team do you play for in Finland, and where in the country is it located?
My team is called Salon Vilpas. The country is located in the North Pole.
2. Are there any other Americans on your team?
I have three other Americans on my team: John Jordan, Torbin Carberry and Javontae Hawkins.
3. What's the level of play like in Korisliiga (Finland's top division)?
It's hard to say how the competition is because this is the best year I've had stat wise, but it's also been the hardest I've ever worked.
4. What has been the biggest adjustment to playing in Finland?
On the court, I've had to adjust not playing downhill and playing with my back to the basket. Off the court, lifting weights on game days has been one of the biggest adjustments.
5. What are some of your goals for this season?
My goals are simple: win as many championships as possible.
6. What's one thing that's surprised you about living in Europe? What's been your favorite thing so far?
That Finland doesn't use chemicals in their food. My favorite thing is that I get to experience different cultures.